The Sunken Secrets Archaeology Discovery Centre
The Sunken Secrets Archaeology Discovery Centre and exhibition will bring you closer to the Island’s fascinating past; with famous shipwrecks and submerged landscapes, a gift shop and hands-on family workshops, there's something for everyone.
Archaeology Discovery Centre
- Investigate the Island’s ingenious military inventions, its tragic shipwrecks and important sea battles
- Follow the ongoing rescue of a stone age settlement from the sea
- Explore how maritime archaeologists work to protect our earliest evidence for the Island’s boatbuilding industry beneath the Solent.
- Stimulate your senses through artefact displays, videos, interactive games and activities to discover the intriguing history of Fort Victoria as a coastal battery, a sea mining depot, and a base for military power boats.
- New for 2017 Wonder at the engineering and shipbuilding glory of the Cowes Hammerhead Crane.
Book a workshop
Call 01983 761214 and book a workshop now!
Timetraveller Family Workshops
Create your own piece of history in our family friendly sessions. Explore prehistoric technologies as you make nettle string, coil clay pots, brush hut buildings or hazel bows and arrows.
Schools / Group workshops
We are renowned for providing high quality, curriculum-relevant educational experiences to local and visiting schools. We have built successful partnerships to support access to disabled and disadvantaged groups on and off the Island and provide tailored resources to enrich a wide variety of audiences.
We have a selection of Island gifts, cards, books and maps for visitors, and inspired toys which encourage exploration, history and a love of discovery.
Gift shop and exhibition open daily Easter to October. Sunken Secrets exhibition £3.80 over 4 years or Fort Victoria Combined Ticket £12. Workshops run all year round £15-40pp (schools POA).
Open 10am til 4pm
Opening times subject to change without warning.
£3.80 per person